Changing your perspective on your situation also helps to change what outcomes and possibilities are open to you.
Using A Brainstorm To Help
Brainstorming is a group creativity technique by which efforts are made to find a solution or conclusion for a specific problem by gathering a list of ideas spontaneously by one or more people.Drink ‘n’ Drugs
Tip/Activity For Today
If you only do one thing today, try to see your current situation or circumstances from a more positive standpoint that is focused around what you can do, rather than what you can’t.
You could do this by creating a brainstorm (also known as a mind map). If you’ve never used one before, the image below will give you a rough guide to start your own.
There are various ways in which you can create your own, ranging from a simple list style brainstorm like ours, to a fully drawn, pictorial only version. Some other ways of brainstorming are listed below.
If you want to learn how to create SMART goals which are achievable and realistic, you can read our article on the topic here.
Some of the things you list will be obvious, others will be a total surprise and things that you never even considered before that could be a benefit to help resolve your problem or to improve your situation.
This is why brainstorming is a great tool to use when you need to consider all the options for a given situation or circumstance, yet you struggle to know what those options are and where you may be able to access them.
5 Tips For Brainstorming
- Review your brainstorm over a few hours and days and add new things to it as new thoughts or solutions pop into your mind when you least expect them to.
- Show it to someone else who may be able to make suggestions, or who may have ideas that you haven’t considered.
- If you mind goes blank, stop, go and do something else and then come back to it 30 minutes after you stopped.
- Think outside of the box. Be crazy and list everything, even stupid, crazy or impossible ideas as sometimes solutions may crop up that you never considered.
- Try using a combination of methods when creating your brainstorm. These could include words, colours, textures, smells, photos, drawings, quotes, hashtags, 3D objects, organic items, as well as anything else you can think of.
Want More Like This!?…
- Heroin Overdose Deaths Often Happen Shortly After Leaving Hospital According To New Cutting Edge Research
- Our Award Winning Professionals
- Addiction Around The World
- DnD Courses, Workshops And Masterclasses Coming In Jan 2022
- 10 Steps to Take if an Alcoholic or Addict Refuses Treatment
- Body Maps Reveal The Range Of Sensations And Feelings Experienced During Hallucinations New Study Suggests