We’re so glad that you came to visit us!…
Getting help begins by reaching out and admitting that what you’re doing isn’t working and that you need help from others. That’s OK, we all need help from time to time and it’s no different with addictions. After all, no one can best understand an addict than another addict!
We really hope you enjoy our content but most importantly find it helpful. We’re here to give you the most up-to-date news, content, help and support for:
- Those who are in active addiction currently.
- Those who are in recovery/abstinence.
- Those stable on medication assisted treatment programs such as Methadone or Subutex among others.
- The family members and friends of addicts.
- Healthcare professionals who want to learn more about addiction and how best to help patients who have an addiction to substances.
I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy, I’m telling you it’s going to be well worth it.
Those who run our social media sites and blog have been addicted to a variety of substances including legal over-the-counter (OTC) medication, prescription medication, illegal substances and alcohol in the past, and so our team have real-life experience. Many of our volunteers and professionals have lived experience within the physical and mental health professions. Because of this, we are uniquely able to offer you help and support from experts who can see situations from both an addict and a healthcare professional perspective. This means that we only provide information that is correct, up-to-date, and only provide techniques, coping strategies and information that really does work to overcome an addiction to substances!
How We Want To Help You
If we are to overcome addictions, we need to help and support all those involved and push for change in those who can make a real difference for all. Below you can find out how we can help you, and how we will continue to fight for the improvement of provisions for those who have an addiction, those friend and family members around addicts and for the physical and mental health professionals who help addicts and those around them 24/7, 365 days a year:
- Addicts – We understand and respect the needs of addicts and how they can recover from a chronic disease that devastates millions of peoples lives worldwide each year. Unfortunately this number is continually growing, and this is why having good support and early recognition is so vitally important if we are to reduce the harm and unnecessary deaths that can come with an untreated addiction.
- Family members & Friends – We know that the friends and family member of addicts want to not only support the addict themselves, but they often feel alone, isolated and worn down with a consistently abrasive relationship with the addict in question. Havig the right knowledge and applying the right techniques can make a huge difference to all involved, and that’s where we can help you.
- Healthcare professionals – Professionals need to know how best they can support their patients who may present themselves as a result of either direct or indirect consequences of having an addiction. If healthcare professionals can better support patients, the better their physical and mental health outcomes will be, the better treatments we can provide and the more cohesive support network that can be applied to help those with addictions to substances.
- The general public – Unfortunately there is still many misconceptions, myths and lies that circulate among those who have no direct or indirect experience of addiction. We hope to provide as much simple to understand information as possible. After all, the better informed everyone can be, the quicker addictions can be recognised and the more successful people will be to enter recovery by removing the same, immorality and other negative connotations that still exists within our wider world.
- Government – Addicts, their families, friends, healthcare professionals and the public can only be helped to free themselves or someone else of an addiction to substances if government provides the right opportunities, funding, treatment services, therapies and information and preventative tools to provide awareness, prevent addictions forming in the first place, knowing how best to treat addictions, having the latest clinical and psychological research and access to recovery tools and services as early as they can be accessed. We will continue to lobby the government to push for constant change and improvement to the current system to benefit all of those people directly and indirectly involved in or around substance addiction.
It’s not that some people have willpower & others don’t. It’s that some people are ready for change & others who aren’t.
We Want To Hear From You
We are here to help each and every one of you, that’s why we’d like to hear from you if you have any ideas or suggestions on content, topics or anything that you think would be helpful, interesting or even humorous to us and others! Likewise we can only make positive change if we know what we’re doing wrong. If you have any complaints or concerns, please do get in touch with us through our contact us page here.
Find Us On Social Media
Please keep up-to-date with our activities, latest cutting edge content and breaking news by following us on our social media platforms. Here’s the links!