So for this Sunday surprise, we thought we’d try and lift the mood a little for those addicts who are struggling today. Even if you’re not struggling, COVID-19 seems to be taking its toll on everyone!
So with that in mind, we thought we’d share this amazing comedy sketch from Comedian Andy Gold.
We hope it brightens up your day, just as much as it did for us too!
Want More Like This?…
- Suicide: One Of Addiction’s Many Associated RisksIf you’ve ever considered suicide, you may be able to understand what it feels like to find yourself feeling depressed and helpless and are desperate for relief, unfortunately this is when suicide becomes an appealing option to get that relief. Similarly, if you’ve lost someone to suicide, you understand the anguish and confusion people experience when a loved one takes their own life. Unfortunately when drug or alcohol addiction become involved as well, the whole situation becomes more complicated and will require professional help to overcome these horrible, unbearable and crippling symptoms that those who experience suicidal thoughts often feel.
- The Scale Of The Alcohol Problem In The UKStatistics like this show the real scale of the problem the UK faces when it comes to alcohol abuse and addiction.
- Substance Use In HouseholdsGrowing up in a household where parents or siblings use, abuse, misuse or are addicted to drugs or alcohol means an increased risk of our children also developing a drug and alcohol addiction in the future. The only way to break this cycle is to seek help today from our sister site Thinking Therapies orContinue reading “Substance Use In Households”
- Should IV Illicit Drug Users Be Offered PICC Lines Or Venous Access DevicesShould patients who have known IV addictions be offered a PICC line or similar in order to reduce their risks of infections, blood clots, scarring, circulatory damage/ impairment, injecting into arteries or damaging nerves in the surrounding structures, or should these types of device be avoided in order to reduce the temptation the other associated risks of having a VAD in place for any length of time? This is the topic of todays blog post and we want to know what you think!
- How To Help Addicts Stay Safe During This Unprecedented Heatwave And Our Top Hot Weather Life Hacks!Most of us welcome some warm, sunny weather, it can be nice to enjoy the sunshine and science even provides us with evidence that it can improve our mood, energy levels, motivation to make and maintain change, as well as improving our physical bodily functions as well as our general mental well-being. However, when it’s too hot for too long, there are serious possible health risks that we need to keep in mind. In England alone, there are on average 2000 heat related deaths every single year, and that’s not even taking into consideration the current unprecedented level 3 heatwave we’re all experiencing! Keep reading to find out how you can stay safe in this weather, how it can negatively impact those with active substance addictions (both drugs and alcohol) and those in recovery, what to watch out for, how you can help yourself and others, and finally but by no means least, our top tips and heatwave heat hacks to keep you cool and comfortable.
- The Rise Of ASMR Videos For Addiction RecoveryFirstly, ASMR stands for Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response, which may not make things any clearer, so we’ll sum it up more simply by saying that it’s Autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR) is a tingling sensation that usually begins on the scalp and moves down the back of the neck and upper spine. A pleasant form of paresthesia, it has been compared with auditory-tactile synesthesia and may overlap with frisson.