Leaving everything until tomorrow never comes to fruition. Many older people tell their younger members of family to make the most of every opportunity, say yes without fear, and grasp every opportunity to grow, develop and enjoy the time you have before tomorrow finally arrives and it’s too late!
So try this little exercise to help you see your life and current situation from a slightly different perspective:
- Sit or lay down in a comfortable position.
- Gently close your eyes, take a few slow deep breaths in and out, and begin to imagine yourself as an old version of you.
- Imagine that you find an old photo album in the back of your cupboard. You hold it in your hands, the album is covered in dust and debris from the years or decades of neglect.
- As you slowly open the album cover, you see snapshots and writings of occasions in your past (your current situation) where you felt regret, said no instead of yes, turned down great opportunities, let people down, didn’t do what you were supposed to when you should have, hurt others, lost jobs, friends, family members, money, and any other occasion that you wish you could have changed or have done differently.
- As you turn over the last page, you return to your current age and point in your life you are today.
- With all of those photos, writing and reflections in your mind, what will you change today in order to avoid any of those snapshots, lost events or opportunities from becoming a reality tomorrow?
Accessing Drug & Alcohol Services Today!
If you currently don’t have access to a drug and alcohol service, today is the time to contact them. Consider the snapshots mentioned earlier, and ask yourself the following 5 questions.
Spend time with friends and family members, prevent any other negative situations coming true, and say yes to those opportunities in front of you!
Today is the day to say “yes, I can be successful”, “I can achieve whatever I want to”, and “I can live a clean and sober life for the long haul without substances”!
It may be too late to make those changes tomorrow, so make them today. Only you hold the key to the memories you create today, and in the future. You can’t change what’s happened, but you can makes changes today for a happier, more productive and prosperous life tomorrow!…
Help Yourself Today By Accessing Top Quality Recovery Therapies & Treatments
We offer many top quality therapies and treatments by our highly trained, experienced and drug and alcohol recovery specialist therapists. You can learn more about the top therapies and treatments that can help you make real, long lasting change today by clicking here!