The C.A.G.E. test is one of the best known screening tools to determine whether you have a problem with alcohol. Ask yourself 4 questions:
- Have you ever felt that you should Cut down on your drinking?
- Have you ever felt annoyed by someone else criticising your drinking?
- Have you ever felt bad or guilty about your drinking?
- Have you ever had a drink first thing in the morning (eye-opener) To steady your nerves, allow you to function “normally” and get rid of your hangover?
What Should I Do If I May Possibly Have An Addiction?
Following on from these 4 questions, if you feel with the results of the screening tool in mind, we highly recommend that you contact your nearest drug and alcohol service or GP for professional help to either cut down or stop drinking all together.
Contact information for your nearest drug and alcohol service or GP (if you are not already) on our help and support page here.
Want More Like This?…
- ING Activities In Addiction RecoveryING activities are any task, activity or hobby that ends in ing, for example running, cycling, painting, walking, exercising, travelling, flying and others. They’re vital in addiction recovery if we’re going to gain the most from our recovery efforts and put us on a healthy, positive road that’s sustainable, but just as importantly, ENJOYABLE!
- Suicide: One Of Addiction’s Many Associated RisksIf you’ve ever considered suicide, you may be able to understand what it feels like to find yourself feeling depressed and helpless and are desperate for relief, unfortunately this is when suicide becomes an appealing option to get that relief. Similarly, if you’ve lost someone to suicide, you understand the anguish and confusion people experience when a loved one takes their own life. Unfortunately when drug or alcohol addiction become involved as well, the whole situation becomes more complicated and will require professional help to overcome these horrible, unbearable and crippling symptoms that those who experience suicidal thoughts often feel.
- The Scale Of The Alcohol Problem In The UKStatistics like this show the real scale of the problem the UK faces when it comes to alcohol abuse and addiction.
- Substance Use In HouseholdsGrowing up in a household where parents or siblings use, abuse, misuse or are addicted to drugs or alcohol means an increased risk of our children also developing a drug and alcohol addiction in the future. The only way to break this cycle is to seek help today from our sister site Thinking Therapies orContinue reading “Substance Use In Households”
- Should IV Illicit Drug Users Be Offered PICC Lines Or Venous Access DevicesShould patients who have known IV addictions be offered a PICC line or similar in order to reduce their risks of infections, blood clots, scarring, circulatory damage/ impairment, injecting into arteries or damaging nerves in the surrounding structures, or should these types of device be avoided in order to reduce the temptation the other associated risks of having a VAD in place for any length of time? This is the topic of todays blog post and we want to know what you think!
- How To Help Addicts Stay Safe During This Unprecedented Heatwave And Our Top Hot Weather Life Hacks!Most of us welcome some warm, sunny weather, it can be nice to enjoy the sunshine and science even provides us with evidence that it can improve our mood, energy levels, motivation to make and maintain change, as well as improving our physical bodily functions as well as our general mental well-being. However, when it’s too hot for too long, there are serious possible health risks that we need to keep in mind. In England alone, there are on average 2000 heat related deaths every single year, and that’s not even taking into consideration the current unprecedented level 3 heatwave we’re all experiencing! Keep reading to find out how you can stay safe in this weather, how it can negatively impact those with active substance addictions (both drugs and alcohol) and those in recovery, what to watch out for, how you can help yourself and others, and finally but by no means least, our top tips and heatwave heat hacks to keep you cool and comfortable.
2 thoughts on “Do You Have A Problem With Alcohol? Use Our CAGE Screening Tool To Find Out”